Novatel Wireless Express Card to USB Adapter
Model # XUA-1
The ExpressCard is a smaller and faster version of a PCMCIA card. The XUA-1 offers the perfect solution for customers who do not have an ExpressCard slot on their computer but want to take advantage of high speed mobile broadband. The only requirement is an available USB 2.0 port.
- No extra Drivers or software Using the XUA-1 is transparent to the computer. Once the XUA-1 with ExpressCard is connected to the USB port, the card will behave as if the card is in an ExpressCard slot. All conversions between the ExpressCard and USB are done transparently by the intelligent hardware in the XUA-1. It uses the same software and drivers that come with the Novatel Wireless ExpressCard product.
- One piece with built-in Y-Cable connector Two USB connectors on the Y-cable deliver a power boost for improved RF performance. The second USB connection is useful in fringe reception areas. The use of the second connector is optional. In most cases, the XUA-1 will work well with only one USB connector.
- ExpressCard to USB conversion
- Dimensions and Weight: -108 x 49 x 14 mm (4.3 x 1.9 x 0.5 in.) -70g (2.5 oz)
- Form Factor: Thin, rectangular box shape which forms a "sleeve" over ExpressCardd and attaches to a USB port using the build-in cable.
- Host Interface: USB 2.0
- Power Consumption: Voltage 5V (normal) Converts USB 5V to ExpressCard 3.3V
- Software: Works with all software this is with the original ExpressCard including MobiLink
- Operating Systems Supported: Windows 2000, XP, & Vista-Ready, Mac OS X 10.4 Connection Utility, Linux 2.6.16